Communication Style Profile (SDI)
Imagine understanding not only what someone means, but also why they said what they said! The Strength Deployment Inventory is a powerful communications tool that helps teams or individuals enhance their communications success and interpersonal effectiveness. It is also a relationship awareness and development tool. It is designed to help people assess the strengths they use in relating to others under two kinds of conditions: when things are going well and when one is under pressure or faced with conflict.
The Benefits of the SDI Instrument
- Improve personal communications skills which improves relationships
- Understand and appreciate styles other than our own
- Encourage the use of a range of styles appropriate to a situation
- Preempt conflict and stress that arises from interpersonal style differences
- With less conflict from style differences (unwarranted conflict), stress levels are lower, collaboration is more successful and relationships are more rewarding
- Improved teamwork flowing from better communication, enhanced understanding and appreciation of the differences between team members which is a prerequisite for strong teams
Why Use the SDI?
- Focus is positive and non-judgmental – each communication style has strengths
- Easy to remember and identify styles and motivations of others
- Shows a change in styles in times of conflict and pressure
- Provides a way to “speak” so others with different communication styles can “hear”
Relationship Awareness Theory – Dr. Elias Porter
We all do what we do because we want to feel good about ourselves.
We tend to take two different approaches to life: when we feel things are going well and when we are faced with opposition and conflict
A personal weakness is no more or no less than the overdoing or misapplying of a personal strength.
We naturally tend to perceive the behaviours of others through our own style “lens”. This often leads to our believing that people are doing things for the same reasons that we would be doing them. The odds are greatly against this being the case.
Info & Contact
For more information, please contact email@example.com