The Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
Imagine understanding not only what someone means, but also why they said what they said! The Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) is a powerful communications tool that helps teams and individuals enhance their communications success and interpersonal effectiveness. It is also a relationship awareness and development tool. It is designed to help people assess the strengths they use in relating to others under two kinds of conditions: when things are going well and when one is under pressure or faced with conflict.
The Benefits of the SDI:
- Enhanced personal communications skills to improve relationships
- Understanding and appreciation of styles other than your own
- Identification of styles appropriate to different situations
- Preempted conflict and stress that arises from interpersonal style differences
- Reduced conflict from style differences (unwarranted conflict) so that stress levels are lower, collaboration is more successful, and relationships are more rewarding
- Improved teamwork flowing from better communication, enhanced understanding and appreciation of the differences between team members which is a prerequisite for strong teams
Why Use the SDI?
- Focus is positive and non-judgmental – each communication style has value
- Easy to remember and identify styles and motivations of others
- Shows how motivational behaviour is impacts conflict and stress
- Provides a way to “speak” so others with different communication styles can “hear”
Personal SDI Chart Sample:
For more information, please Connect With Us
I found the course fun, enlightening and extremely useful. During the class I had the opportunity to try out my new skills and insights I'd learned for successfully mediating a conflict. I highly recommend this course for other managers.
Excellent format and interaction. Very effective tools and techniques!