Team Visioning and Charter Agreements
A lot of wisdom and ideas can be generated within the team, they often just need the right forum, the permission, and the trust to provide input. Teams are more successful when they have had input into developing a Mission and Vision for their team, and make a commitment to each other about how they will each behave in a way that serves the success of the entire team, and ultimately the organization.
At Einblau, we facilitate team sessions that focus first on what’s going well through “Appreciative Inquiry” to understand team strengths and what the team is proud of.
Following an understanding of what is working well within the team, we assist the group in developing their team Mission, Vision and Values. During this discussion, the team determines:
- Who are we serving
- What is our commitment to those we serve
- What values will we work by with:
- Our external members
- Our internal clients, which are other leaders and members of each team
Once the Mission, Vision and Values are defined and agreed upon, we assist the group in articulating functional dynamics within the team that will lead them to success. Specifically:
- What behaviours demonstrate a commitment by the leadership team to the Vision of the organization
- How the leadership team can support the staff in achieving better results
- What culture do we want to create in our leadership team
The final step in this team building process is the creation of a Team Charter:
- What are the expectations we should have for ourselves and for each other in order for us to do the best work possible
- What individual commitments and support are we willing to provide to our team members
- Personal “sign-on” commitment to the Team Charter
This team charter becomes the guide for the day-to-day operation of the team and is also an effective tool for evaluating success and resolving conflicts within the team.
For more information, please Connect With Us
I found the course fun, enlightening and extremely useful. During the class I had the opportunity to try out my new skills and insights I'd learned for successfully mediating a conflict. I highly recommend this course for other managers.
Excellent format and interaction. Very effective tools and techniques!