Learn your Strengths & Conflict Style
Self awareness leads to improved communication and builds better relationships.
Soft Skills Training for Leadership and Staff Teams:
Plain Talk is an in-house seminar that uses a powerful communications tool, The Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) to help leaders and their teams improve their communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness.
The SDI helps people identify the strengths they use in relating to others under two kinds of conditions: when things are going well, and when one is under pressure or faced with conflict.
When this tool is used with intact teams as a team building opportunity, the team learns about the communication styles of each member and how unwarranted conflict resulting from communication errors can be greatly diminished. This session builds better rapport in teams, between individuals, and, if the concepts are followed…relationships with anyone such as clients and suppliers, can be positively impacted.
- Improve personal communications skills
- Learn how your communication style impacts relationships and potential conflict
- Improve team collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect, and conflict resolution skills
- Understand and appreciate others’ communication styles
- Encourage a range of communication styles appropriate to a situation
- Pre-empt conflict and stress that arises from interpersonal style differences
- Learn why people do what they do; their motivations for actions
- Provide a method of easily “speaking” so others will understand by understanding their style
- When conflict arises, what you can do to deal with it in early stages, using knowledge of your style and what motivates others
SDI Skill Reinforcement Sessions: Value-added skills reinforcement is available to all course participants. Please see SDI Skill Reinforcement Sessions for more information.
Info & Contact
Session Length: 2-hour in-house session.
- Prerequisites: Coaching for Commitment Course
Participants: This session is for organizations where five or more people have previously taken the Coaching for Commitment course within the last 6 months.
Personal SDI Chart Sample:
Team Chart Sample:
For more information, please Connect With Us
I found the course fun, enlightening and extremely useful. During the class I had the opportunity to try out my new skills and insights I'd learned for successfully mediating a conflict. I highly recommend this course for other managers.
Excellent format and interaction. Very effective tools and techniques!