Resolve Challenges and Differences when Dealing with Others
Wouldn’t it be great if all of our clients and colleagues were pleasant, helpful, and wonderful to deal with?
The reality is, sometimes we have to deal with clients or colleagues who are unreasonable, maybe even hostile, or who may simply drive us up a wall. How can we satisfy business goals, maintain mutual respect and not lose our cool?
This course is designed to provide participants with techniques to improve their working relationships with both internal and external clients. The session covers the 6-step process for dealing with challenging people who are exhibiting difficult behaviours.
- Understand and learn how to deal with negative filters
- Discover what (upset) people REALLY want and what drives their needs
- Learn that – Yes you can say “No” – by using the right words
- Learn the 6-step process for dealing with difficult people
- Understand styles vs. emotional states
- Understand your role and triggers
- Identify the issue and look at the evidence
- Listen and use well-considered communication
- Defuse with caring responses and responsible assertiveness
Info & Contact
Session Length: 1-day client in-house session or keynote presentation of course highlights
- Prerequisites: None
Participants: Front-line staff + their supervisors, managers and senior leaders who provide support/coaching to those people dealing directly with clients/customers.
For more information, please Connect With Us
Interested in this course?
I found the course fun, enlightening and extremely useful. During the class I had the opportunity to try out my new skills and insights I'd learned for successfully mediating a conflict. I highly recommend this course for other managers.
Excellent format and interaction. Very effective tools and techniques!